Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Does my handwriting look okay?

This blog site is an outlet for me to freely write out my thoughts.  I am giving my poor husband a break from listening to me ask questions or talk about things at random.  Seriously, if you were a fly on the wall you would probably be thinking, "what in the world is this girl talking about?" or "where does she come up with these things!"  or "Man, she asks a lot of questions!"

I started writing in a journal (as one of my new year's resolutions) to do exactly what I am doing now: writing my thoughts.  Well, that and to write down my crazy dreams.  The problem I was having writing in a journal was A) my hands would start to hurt and B) I couldn't write as fast as I was thinking. Does that sound weird???

Oh well... And, I get pretty anal about my handwriting (which I will explain where this comes from).  If I don't like the way my handwriting looks I WILL crumble the paper up and start over.  Am I the only one that does this?  This anal retentiveness came about in 5th grade.  Good ol' St John the Baptist.  Yes, it was a Catholic school. And yes, I wore a uniform- navy blue, polyester pleated skirt, sometimes a jumper or slacks, with a white polo or collared shirt.  Well, in 5th grade my teacher, Sr. Marilyn, gave out awards- one of them being, you guessed it, the "Best Handwriting Award."  I wanted that award.  I wanted it so bad I was willing to trade my favorite rosary for it. (just kidding- sort of).  I would practice for hours at home, making sure my handwriting was clear, concise and just looked darn good! I would take my sweet time making sure my cursive "S" reached the exact line on my practice paper. 

Each and every month when awards would come around I would anticipate hearing my name... It came time to announce the handwriting award and each time my classmate Molly would win it.  This would only make me heated and challenged me even more.  Granted, Molly did have nice handwriting, but give someone else a chance!!! At the end of my 5th grade career I (sadly) never won the coveted handwriting award. Thus, my anal-retentiveness with my handwriting has begun...and my collection of notebooks and pens:)

1 comment:

haidee said...

Hi Aim! now I know your 8-year old niece (Alyssa) got it from you. She's been collecting pencils,pens,colored pencils and notebooks. She loves writing letters, making stories and greeting cards. It's soo cute!!!! plus she got your looks. But her handwriting are not good as yours, well it will improve eventually.