Sunday, January 31, 2010

My closet is my FRENEMY!

Sometimes when I lay in bed I think about what I would like to do and/or accomplish for the next day. A lot of the times it's going on a run. So, I picture myself and my dog-son, Porter, taking a nice run in our neighborhood. Me, in my black cropped Nike pant (my fave!) and some sort of long-sleeve Nike hooded top (it has to have thumb holes though). And Porter running way ahead of me as if he were the one taking me on a run. Or, I picture myself giving my house a deep clean. What typically happens is the next day I wake up and feel as though I have already accomplished those things and don't physically do it.

Today was a different day:)

I laid in be last night thinking that I need to A) clean my closet and B) do some reorganization in said closet. I think "oh...I should go through my clothes and if I haven't worn something in, like, let's say a year it's getting donated." And, "I really need to do something with my shoes..."

(I've included a before picture- which is something I would NEVER show! And, an after picture.:))

I also downloaded an app called "Stylish Girl." The app pic is even of a a red heel- so cute! It's quite amazing really. You basically take inventory of all your clothing and accessories and shoes. And, you can also save favorite outfits. For me, it's great because it helps me not repeat an outfit in a month. But it allows you to scroll through all your tops/dresses and bottoms and shoes and accessories and figure out your outfits for the day. I haven't found anything I dislike about this app because I haven't finished taking pictures of all my stuff.

Well, as I'm reorganizing my closet, I decide that I should take a pic of each item and save it in my app. GENIUS!!! Nope...not so much. I got through half of my handbags (NOT PURSES!!!) and gave up. I really feel I need to hire someone to take on that tedious project. Also, I need more closet space. Seriously, someone who lives on organization (that would be me)needs more space in her closet to use it effectively...I need more drawers/bins/hooks to use my closet to it's best. As you see in the before pics, my closet can be my worst enemy.
Before 3 Before 2
I have boxes of shoes piled- and they are right behind the door so sometimes it's hard to get in.


The great thing about reorganizing my closet is I have found things I forgot I even had (not a very good thing, mind you). I found my Gucci sunglasses- YAY!. A gorgeous ring by Nordstrom. I also got rid of quite a few things. I mean, how many flip flops does one girl need? The answer, one for every possible outfit! (I somehow managed to not get rid of any- oopsies!)

So now, all my things are pretty much in one area.  And, my jewelry is even organized!I used some crystal(?) bowls (received as wedding presents) to organized my bangles and watches. And trays (one to organize all my rings and my bead necklaces. I also put all my shoes and their boxes on my top shelf. My handbags are still a work in progress. Someday I would love to transform a hall closet into my handbag closet.

After 1

After 3

I have a floor now and I'm in the right direction (I feel). I don't have anything "hidden." And, it's a heck of a lot easier for me to figure out what I need:) Which is- more SHOES!

No comments: