Monday, March 29, 2010

Jen Lancaster is awesome!!!

A little background about who Jen Lancaster is: an author and a blogger. After she lost her big time job (she was a VP) she found herself unemployed after 9/11 and unhireble (is that a word?). So, she started blogging about the unemployment office and her temp jobs. She started getting a following which led to writing her first book. Now she is the author of 4 books: Bitter is the New Black; Bright Lights Big Ass; Pretty in Plaid and the newly published Such a Pretty Fat.


Picture this:
It's around one in the morning.
I'm in my favorite white hanes v-neck tee (so comfy to sleep in) and victoria's secret cotton pajamas.
I've just finished Jen Lancaster's book: Bright Lights, Big Ass...
and am cCatching up on her blog:Jennsylvania
A thought comes to me- I should writ Jen an e-mail and tell her how awesome she is!!!

Basically, the email says things like how awesome I think she is; she writes how I think, she inspired me to start a journal to write my thoughts, etc.

Well, today in my Inbox I get an email from the very talented and successful writer- Jen Lancaster!!! How cool is that?
Her email said:

Amy,

So glad you like the books!
(And I can be actually pretty nice in person, so I doubt you'd be intimidated by me unless you colossally fucked up!)

Best,
Jen


I was definitely not expecting a response...This is why she is Awesome! I recommend reading her books but be forewarned she does have a bit of a potty mouth.

1 comment:

becca said...

That's awesome! I really need to get on those books soon.